Operations Manager / Business Improvement Manager
mag 2017 – today
Ensuring that all operations are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements. Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
Ensures the compliance of the work performed.
Guarantees the respect for the quality and commitment of the provisions of the Quality Assurance Plan, Procedures and Quality Control Plans/ITP throughout the project. Responsible for the external control of COLAS and interlocutor with the Client's Representative on issues related to the quality of work. In this role:
• Prepares, distributes and tracks revisions of the Quality Assurance Plan;
• Prepares, distributes and tracks revisions of Control Plans;
• Formalize the Execution Procedures with Project Managers;
• Ensures respects to the provisions of the General Organization Note, QA and QCP;
• Plan and carry out internal audits;
• Participate in external audits;
• Informs the Project Director of the detected non-conformities;
• Following the treatment of non-conformities;
• Ensures the transmission of all the Quality documents to the Client Representative;
• Prepares and tracks Requests for Approval of materials and supplies for all work;
• Ensure that all Hold Points are observed and removed through the receipt of request forms
• Prepare and document the different tests, calibration, etc.
Client: GAC Guinea Alumina Corporation/(Client Representative) FLUOR PMC/ (Funding) EGA Emirates Global Aluminium
Costs Estimate, Reporting, Purchasing Negotiations and Cost Management for a multi-year contract with SHELL for provisions of civil works on SHELL onshore facilities (20 000 000€ per year of turn over) such as new roads in primary forests, Drilling platforms or concrete structures in oil processing facilities. Follow up of client requests form scope of work definition / clarification to estimation of works. Follow up of the works progress and planning update.
Preparation & submission of interim applications for payment including monthly reporting to the client and the Head office. Produce planning related to work orders issued by the client. Follow up of the relation with the client and animation and reporting during construction meeting. Replace the PM as focus point when necessary. Proactive Interaction with all the Company departments (HSE, QAQC, Construction).
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the Client;
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
• Performing risk, value management and cost control;
• Advising on procurement strategy;
• Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks;
• Providing advice on contractual claims;
• Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
Client: Shell Gabon
-Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of the project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records. Ensures the availability of quality record documents about the project “Congo National Grid Revamping”.
• Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan on site.
• Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
• Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
• Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
• Ensures the correct application of Quality Control phase.
• Takes case of reporting on his duty to Quality Manager.
• Arranges in coordination with QM and PM and site personnel procedures, manuals and reports.
• Be sure that all sites activities are carried out according to reference documentation.
• Systematically records the nonconformity or event reports issued and identifies appropriate corrective actions.
• Manages collaboration of measurement instruments and related certifications.
• Distributes Quality Plan on Site.
• Informs the QM qnd PM of any deviation regarding the contract.
• Checks the completeness and conformity to specified applicable requirements, standards and/or directives.
• Ensures that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and that personnel have access to all required project documentation.
• Makes site personnel aware of and trainee them on quality topics.
• Ensures, whenever necessary, the update of site quality control plans / control procedures.
-Supervision of civil engineering, preparation of progress reports and construction supervision the activities were held at the new electric substation of Mindouli and along the high voltage power line under construction between Pointe-Noire and Brazzaville (Mindouli - Kinkala - Tsielampo 150 km).
Client: Eni Congo
-Operative management of the sites in Pointe-Noire, person responsible of planning and arrangements, drafting of development reports, customer care and technical, planning and activities performances.
-Drafting, management and check of Quality and HSE documents about the projects of clients as: Eni Congo (CEC Centrale Electique du Congo – 2x150W Gas Turbines, Earthworks, Access Road and Site Patrol Road, N’goyo electrical Sub-station – Concrete works, CED Centrale electique de Djeno – Road, earthworks and concrete works), Total, Boscongo (Concrete works and roads) and Renco (Mboundi camp base – earthworks and roads). Management and organization of Laboratory controls on building materials. Organization and planning of the works. Customer care.
• Implement the QA/QC management system at site
• Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site sub contractors and vendors coordinate all non destructive testing on site
• Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
• Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors
• Participate in the site internal and external site audits
• Ensure all quality control documentation is complied and competed for as-built
• Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action
• Review the customers specification and undertake relevant training to the site QC inspector
• Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
• Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer
• Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site daily/weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors QC personnel
• Elaborating inspection and test programs
• Ensure the safety is adhered to at site
• Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
Clients: Eni Congo, Total, Boscongo, Sicim, Sogeco, Rep. du Congo –Direction Travaux Publics.
Result oriented professional with several years of comprehensive experience in the role of Architect, QA/QC Manager /Coordinator, Cost controller, Quantity Surveyor, Civil/Construction Supervisor, and extensive knowledge in several other specific civil engineering fields including Construction/Project Management and Work Planning. In possess of an excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills to positively contribute to organizational growth.
Proven expertise in construction management and supervision, detailed engineering, manpower planning and execution, installation and commissioning of complex project, ensuring timely execution and taking corrective measures to enhance performance.
Adept at handling engineering function like Supervision, Estimation & Budgeting, Contractual matters and Financial matters.
On-site management considering Quality, technical details and construction methodologies. Organization and coordination of all phases of subcontract works and ensuring construction in accordance with QA contract documents, including drawings and HSE specification.
Ability to handle all aspect of project completion. Open minded and able to work in complex project and environment worldwide.
University of the studies in Rome “La Sapienza” First faculty of Architecture “L.Quaroni”
Degree in Architecture,”Preservation and development of historical and architectonic heritage”. Mark 102/110
Thesis title:" Study for architectures of inter-relations with the landscape in a Palestinian village"
Subscription in the Ordine degli Architetti P.P.C. di Roma e provincial (Association of Architect of Rome and Province) with n° 17837 section A sector: Architecture